At the time, this seemed like a miracle, two kids playing happily together. Now this happens more often than not. I honestly remember that I couldn't leave them alone for two seconds without them fighting and yelling. Good thing things got better when they did, Ryan is taking up a lot more time with his ear infections. I pondered on why things are miraculously better, and this quote from President Benson came to mind."There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. " I have always loved scripture study, but this talk, helped me remember why it's so vital to study the Book of Mormon daily! Such a huge blessing to have this book! Things are not perfect between with Claire and Trevor, but they are a million times better!
Practicing for playing at my nephews baptism...so glad that it is done... It actually went well, but I get so nervous!
Claire's pictures while I practice...anything to keep her occupied...it's hard not being the center of attention.
One Sunday after church, Trevor was so grumpy and he ran to his room. I was busy in the kitchen with dinner, it was around 5 pm, but I wanted to just give Trevor a hug. Soon after Jason asked what he could do to help, referring to dinner (I am so lucky that my hubby likes to help in the kitchen!)
I asked him to give Trevor a hug, then he comes out like this...crazy boy fell asleep in a few minutes. We woke him up,to eat dinner, otherwise he wakes up 4 am hungry- done that before... Not fun!
Poor Ryan burst his eardrum, his awesome hat helps protect those little ears! And silly Claire, makes winter weather seem like spring.
Claire's cute creations
Cute kids wanting a picture
Cute Cousins at nephews baptism
We got this up just in time!
Claire and Trevor pretending to be "lookers" or detectives
Cutie Ryan with his glow worm
Silly Claire...she is finally staying in her room..it's only taken 4 years of getting out numerous times each night... I think I have read almost every parenting books section on bedtime battles. They helped for a few days..but this last idea was our own and it has worked for about a month. Here is what motivates our 5 year to stay in bed- she gets 3 jelly bellys if she stays in bed all night. So after we say goodnight and shut her door, she obviously still takes a while to go to sleep...but it's still a huge improvement!
This little guy loves the toy kitchen... And Claire loves him!
Getting a bite with my old visiting teachees and companion. (Tiffany isn't in picture, she was ordering, sorry) I had them for 3 years, time flies! I am going to miss seeing and chatting with them as much!
Kid table
Trevor helped me decorate with sprinkles some treats for my new visiting teachees.
Claire wanted to clean the whole house to earn princess fruit snacks...can u tell she likes sugar.
Grandma likes her valentines from Claire...
Then she realized I was taking pictures...lol..gotta love grandma
Summer reading reward, just now getting it.
Joys of emptying drawers or laundry baskets full of clothes
Took a two hour nap..so crazy for last 9 months he usually only naps a hour at most
I don't want the surgery, or more antibiotics on his poor tummy.
Pulled himself to standing on glass window of door... Much happier to watch from inside than when I tried to put him in baby swing- I think its the recline of the seat, he didn't like the stroller today either. (And usually he likes our double stroller) Fortunately, the car seat recline was fine for a few minutes today.Other things to remember:
-Got our fridge fixed... since realizing our fridge temp was only 45 degrees, supposed to be below 40. Trevor doesn't have really loose poos anymore! Hopefully when he gets over his little cold we can test cooked butter.
- Trevor is #2 potty trained! Since earning the movie Cars for going poo on toliet (about same time our fridge was fixed) we have had only one #2 accident. This is amazing and makes potty training worth it. New incentive for him, I thought of today- When Clarie goes to kindergarten he can go to preschool at Adam's house if he is potty trained (hopefully Claire and Aaron have kindergarten at the same time).
-Claire and I had a rough couple days, but more praising (I can still do better, especially the little things) /more rewards /chore chart for earning money have really helped! Thanks to our neighbor Misty for helping me figure out what was going on! I am so glad to have my helpful Claire bear back!
- Love and Logic: The early years- So awesome! Every mom must read, unless you have angel kids. Helps you understand good ways to discipline and why your old ways are ineffective! And helps with what to say to your kids so they will want to listen. When Claire and I were having a rough week, I tried out different disciplining ideas, timeout standing on a chair (cuz she can't sit still- still somewhat impossible, even at her age). But one thing the book helped me realize is that you should shouldn't over emphasize bad behavior, because this leads to more bad behavior. Kids that feel good want to do good. (The only point in the positive parenting book that resonated with me) Take them to their room, tell them to come out when acting sweet. But don't rub it in when they have done something bad, and lecture and have them brainstorm ways to never do it again. Every thing in this book resonates with me! Unlike other books, where just a few things here and there sound good and actually help. This book is all good!
-Once we put more positive rewards/sticker charts for Claire, and started using this book's ideas, she has stopped hitting Trevor! So it may not seem like when a child hits another, that sending to room is enough, but usually Claire's hitting is preceded by her yelling, and that is when I should take her to her room.



























1 comment:
Love me some love and logic! I come back to it often. It's not the deepest book, but it's so practical! I hope Ryan's ear aches get better. If they keep coming, I have a number of friends who have had the operation (tubes) and they swear by it. As far as I understand it's not a big procedure, but really helps with the ear aches and with their hearing. No first hand experience, but a close friend, who I'm sure would love to talk to you if you'd like. So fun to see your kids!
Post a Comment