I've wanted to make something like this for a while, but it took me a while to figure exactly what I wanted... I almost made this, because it just so stinking cute and it incorporates the idea of having two kids in diapers. (But I like using the little lid on the wipes case, that these cute cases cover- practical always wins over cuteness for me) I also really like all these ideas: here, here and, here that make it more convenient to carry altogether. As she says, it helps so you don't have to juggle everything (diapers, wipes, changing pad, sanitizer, diaper cream) and a kid with blowout diaper.
So without further ado... here is where the real credit is deserved
Diaper case: http://mudpuddlesanddaisies.blogspot.com/2010/03/diaper-clutch-tutorial.html
Changing Pad: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2010/02/tutorial-baby-changing-pad.html
With the diaper case, I didn't use the clear vinyl, because I wanted to be able to throw it in the wash without worrying. I used really thin but really stiff fusible interfacing (instead of batting).
I pulled some of the things out to give you an idea of how much it holds: 4 diapers(Huggies size 4), Huggies wipes case, hand sanitizer and 4oz diaper rash cream(not shown, under sanitizer)
For the changing pad, I used a thicker vinyl (on the inside) instead of laminated fabric (since joanns doesn't carry it). And although, I followed her measurements pretty closely, the velcro closure measurements didn't quite work on mine (not sure where I got off), just pin it and test it before you sew it down. I added a few things to make it easier to hold and wrap around my diaper case (if you notice the velcro pieces on the thick brown ribbon, one is small and the other a lot wider, it is to account for a full diaper case vs. an almost empty one)
4 comments:
that looks great! nice job. :)
Awesome changing pad! Great job!
I love it! Love the clutch! Love the print! Love the changing pad! Love the way the two are stuck together, so when you grab one, you grab all! Super creative idea, and super awesome job!
Wow. You are talented and practical! Plus your model is way too cute!
Post a Comment