Father's Day present: grill cover- a little big, but its better than too small
Travel high chair + booster for our trip to AZ
If I were to make another travel high chair, I would make the straps longer, but they worked thanks to the strong 2-inch velcro. I didn't follow the booster directions exactly. I made them to fit our chairs- that's why it isn't square.
Claire is not in love with any thing confining, while she eats. She usually eats cereal and yogurt in her bumbo. But this will also work as a nice alternative if she needs options.
Blocks: We realized Claire's love for stacking blocks. Yes she stacked all of these!
So this motivated Jason to finish these blocks below,
I know Jason made the base on this tower, but the rest is her :). We modeled them after these Brainy blocks. One day, I'll paint numbers on them.
Its so fun to have a toy that she really loves! She is always up for reading, playing blocks, and pretending / playing with buddy.
Hooded robe / wrap dress: I have been seeing all these cute swimming dresses, that I thought it would be fun to make one myself. I used two receiving blankets that were too small to ever wrap a baby in. They are both a thermal knit type fabric.
This is what I used to model my pieces after and added a little seam allowance. I also tried to cut as few of the ends off as possible. It end up being a little long, but she'll grow into it. One tip when sewing with stretchy knit fabric, don't pull! Let the sewing machine do that, or else your straight line of sewing, will not hang straight (when worn).
(left) Proof that even in Arizona, you can get cold after swimming
Hat: I have inherited too much 4th of July fabrics to not do anything with it this year, hence the reversible hat (Butterick pattern # 3782)
Shorts: I was going to use some of Claire shorts as a pattern, but then found this pattern online. I wanted to make long shorts since she had a rash on her upper calves, and it seemed like longer shorts helped. So I added a few inches in length to the pattern and used a t-shirt that was too short on me.
Dress: Yes, I even have an excuse for making a new dress :). All of Claire's dresses are sleeveless, and are shorter in length. I didn't want her to have to wear an undershirt or tights in AZ's heat. Burda pattern #9564- I lengthened out the pleat and added the satin ribbon tie. I wanted it to flair out a little. And on a suggestion from my sis-in-law, Amy, I added interfacing to the bottom. Thanks Amy! It turned out great!
Here is my cutie on the 4th of July!
The only project I didn't get to is this car trash. Such a great idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment