Green smoothies- we have decided to give them a try. And although we just started, I hope this habit lasts! My body seems to crave it, especially those mornings I am feeling extra tired. Because I know how good I feel after having it. We add 1 C water, 1 C spinach ( until it reaches 2 C line), then to add some flavor, a banana, oj, pineapple juice, and flax seed (another healthy additon). You can also add yogurt for some protein. I recommend giving it a try. It is so hard to get 5 (1/2 cup or fist size) servings of fruits and veges everyday. Spinach is a good price at Costco, so you can stock up and then have an excuse to make it every morning! Claire is beginning to like it too!
Monday, October 25, 2010
fall colors + other stuff
I love how so many of the trees nearby have changed colors at different times

Green smoothies- we have decided to give them a try. And although we just started, I hope this habit lasts! My body seems to crave it, especially those mornings I am feeling extra tired. Because I know how good I feel after having it. We add 1 C water, 1 C spinach ( until it reaches 2 C line), then to add some flavor, a banana, oj, pineapple juice, and flax seed (another healthy additon). You can also add yogurt for some protein. I recommend giving it a try. It is so hard to get 5 (1/2 cup or fist size) servings of fruits and veges everyday. Spinach is a good price at Costco, so you can stock up and then have an excuse to make it every morning! Claire is beginning to like it too!
Green smoothies- we have decided to give them a try. And although we just started, I hope this habit lasts! My body seems to crave it, especially those mornings I am feeling extra tired. Because I know how good I feel after having it. We add 1 C water, 1 C spinach ( until it reaches 2 C line), then to add some flavor, a banana, oj, pineapple juice, and flax seed (another healthy additon). You can also add yogurt for some protein. I recommend giving it a try. It is so hard to get 5 (1/2 cup or fist size) servings of fruits and veges everyday. Spinach is a good price at Costco, so you can stock up and then have an excuse to make it every morning! Claire is beginning to like it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment