Wednesday, September 28, 2011

hikes

After enjoying the hikes at Yellowstone, we thought we ought to do more hikes closer to home.

First Hike- The Y
Not as easy as I remembered it being before I had kids

Next, Stewart Falls
Great hike for young families.  The terrain is rocky at the very end, but still a great hike.
Lastly, Timpanogos Caves
I personally didn't think this was as steep as the Y, and its nice that they actually tell you 1/2 way done, 3/4 done.  It is more difficult than Stewart Falls- but the cool cave at then end makes it worth the hike.
I thought Claire might not like the dark caves, but she loved them.
I made a baby carrier especially for this hike.  Its called a mei tai carrier.   Its much easier to put on by myself, than our other snugli carrier.  And I like the hood, since you can't put sunblock on babies until they are 6 months old, and its great for when its cold outside- like it was this morning.

What a great way to enjoy summer!  Hiking in the morning!

No comments: