Tuesday, November 8, 2011

grandmas funeral

My grandma passed away recently.  Here are some recent pics of her at her birthday party in August.

I was glad that she didn't pass away suddenly, so that we got time to say our goodbyes...even if she may not have really been cognizant when we did.  She did get to meet Trevor before her health spiraled downward, and I remember how excited she was to see our sweet little guy.  She even commented on his cute noises and how he was talking to us.  :)

Her service was good, where most of her kids spoke.  Then we went to the cemetery where my dad gave the grave-site dedication, where he basically blessed the land she would be buried in and things like that. In all honesty, I was surprised at how little the wonderful and glorious truths of our church were even mentioned, like how my aunts and uncles will one day get to see their mom again.  I think a few are inactive or don't always go to church, but I was still surprised.  I am so grateful to know that  families can be together forever and not just until we die.  That through the temple can be sealed to our families. As a mom to two little cuties, this truth and doctrine is most comforting.  I know its hard to believe now, but in the eternities to come after this life, the short time period without their mom will seem like nothing.

But I  thought about my mom, and how hard it would be to loose her or either of my parents for that matter.  And so yes, I can understand.  I guess the fact that they are even able to speaks at their mom's funeral shows that they know they will get to see her again one day.

Claire playing with my cousins daughter, Tessa, who is only a few weeks older than Claire



Trevor looking out the window :).  (right) A little snow the first week of October- Eric and Claire making a snowman

Trevor enjoying the snow from inside :)

My brother and dad helped with alot of house projects, including lots of pruning, staining the front entry, helping Jason's dad with dry-walling his basement, and fixing things inside our house too!


It was great having them here! My dad even remembered some funny stories from his childhood. He usually doesn't remember much/ talk about it.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I agree with everything you said. I am glad that I have a testimony and I know that we will all be together again. And it's sad that some of our family doesn't seem to have the same knowledge that we do. It was also really nice that almost everyone was able to make it. We don't all get together often. I really enjoyed the BBQ the next day! :)