I haven't gotten too into politics, just enough to vote at a few elections- mainly for local leaders. Maybe it was because my dad is WAY into politics, and I only ever heard one side to every issue- I always wanted to hear the other side and no matter how I would question him, I never got to hear the other side of the story.
Lately I have been watching alot of tv - sickness and tiredness running around the home lately (Claire took a nap at 10am yesterday- CRAZY- she just walked to her room laid done and fell asleep- that says alot- This is a girl who fights sleep like its a plague).
So, with all this tv watching I recently watched Paul Ryan's talk at the RNC (Republican National Convention). And I really liked his speech. He painted a clear picture of how things were 4 years ago, how they are now. He gave a clear plan for how to turn the economy around (govt only spending 20% of GDP- tough to do, but I believe Romney and Ryan are both God-fearing, honest men- who will keep their promises).
But his speech also made me fearful! Points that he made that stick out to me were: 4 years ago Obama called the $10.3 trillion debt unamerican. But yet he has spent more than any other president ever and has added a $5 trillion debt- so now its a $15 trillion debt. This is more debt than many European countries like Spain whose governments is so unstable it fears being overthrown by the people. Obama has taken away $716 billion from medicare (money for our grandparents) to fund his ginormous Obamacare. (Yes, I think there are some good things about Obamacare - like no out of pocket maximum on health insurance coverage- but obviously with costs this high its simple to see we can't afford it)
I was afraid of Obama's health care reform when elected in 2008, but never imagined it would get passed. Now I am really hoping and praying and even more scared of what he will do to our country if elected another 4 years. I hope and pray people will get over any prejudice against Mormons and just let the numbers speak for themselves. If they want a place that will not cripple our children's future, then please pay attention to politics this season!
I know there is more than just economic issues that concern us. If you want to hear a good speech about about Romney's character, his track record in Massachusetts with education, and how hard working he is, listen to Ann Romney's speech. (When she talks about the Olympics- she is talking about the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake). Wow business school and law school at the same time- that is amazing!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment