Sunday, January 27, 2013

Claire's quilt+ snow

This is the main reason I didn't even attempt to make a Halloween costume for Claire this year. I was busy finishing a quilt for her. I hoped to finish it before her birthday, but finished it right after. That's okay, because she loved opening it up on Christmas. (see video below)

This was the first big quilt I've made.  Next time I will have to remember to use masking tape to hold them bottom sheet taunt, while I baste the layers together.   It was not a big deal, but I know it help with the quilting part next time.  The only frustrating part was breaking so many needles at the end.  I even had the big 90-14 needle in.  I think my walking foot has issues... it seemed to push my needle so that it would not go into the hole (down to bobbin), and would hit the metal and break my needle.  But without the walking foot I got four times as many pleats.  Its a miracle I finished!


This was the first snow storm! Usually this first snow is a really heavy, good snowman making snow, but even this first snow was so powdery and hard to form. But lots of fun to play in, because you don't get soaking wet.

1 comment:

lmk1411 said...

Wow that's a lot of snow! Looks fun!