This lemon oil- is awesome... it does wonders on wood that I thought was a lost cause and just needed to be sanded, restained and a new coat of polyurethane! Thank goodness for something that works! I tried almost every wood polish out there. Although I do love, Liquid Golds Wood polish (Almond scent) for getting rid of fingerprints and really cleaning wood. The lemon oil is perfect for wood that needs more moisture and is loosing its nice (polyurethane) glow . I also tried making some homemade wood oil cleaner with oil, vinegar and essential orange oil. But its hard to spread evenly and ended up with oil drops on wood surfaces even weeks afterwards. Last tip: always apply wood oil or cleaner (polish) with microfiber cloths! (Found at Dollar Tree)
Curly Hair care tips:
http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktauE1eNbmU&feature=relmfu
-love all her ideas! Except I am glad that my hair looks good without all the expensive products- But I do agree in using a leave in conditioner, frizz reducer (some days), and a good amount of gel And not shampooing (because of sulfates), just use conditioner (without silicone) during showers, and loosen the dead skin by messaging with finger tips. Claire's hair is not ready for a complete curly hair do- but the leave in conditioner is great for her frizz + some curls. I put some leave in conditioner in a spray bottle with water, and spray it in Claire's hair.
Another tip: She doesn't really talk about this in her videos or wiki, but I have found with my hair, that I need to let it air dry after the shower for 10 mins before I add leave in conditioner... And during those 10 mins I do alot of head turned upside down scrunching (as she suggests). Then I after adding the leave in conditioner, I need to wait a few more minutes before adding gel. If I add products to quickly then it doesn't really help style my hair. And if I wait to long and hair get frizzy, then add more leave in conditioner. That is the biggest problem with curly hair, it needs more moisture!
Weight loss tips: not that I am trying right now, but its good to know that weight loss is a numbers game and not some vudu science and that at least one person I know has it figured out:
http://tkhymas.blogspot.com/2012/10/better-body-weightloss-is-math-not-magic.html
oh yeah, and Sara from Ourbestbites.com seems to have it figured out too:
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2013/01/obb-faves-bodybugg-giveaway/
Last tip: I love our inverter microwave, we bought it at Costco when we moved 2 years ago. And it is so awesome. Our old place had a very nice, big, and powerful microwave, yet it took 10 mins to defrost 1lb of meat, and 20 mins to defrost 2 lbs of meat. On our new microwave the inverter technology is so awesome it does it in 4.5 mins for 1lb and 9 mins for 2 lbs! I love it! We have the Panasonic Inverter Microwave and I love it!
It also has this sensor cooking, where you just push reheat and start and it estimates when the dish is warm enough based on the state of water molecules (or something like that). I don't use it that much, because Claire likes things cool- warm, not hot. Just so you understand, she would rather eat a frozen dino nugget than one that is too warm. Lol.. silly girl.
Well I hope my tips help some one else! Or at least help me remember that curly girls wiki page... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment